Honey-Garlic Salmon with Chopped Kale Salad
Recipe by Kathy Siegel, MS, RDN, CDN from
The 30-Minute Clean Eating Cookbook published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2020. Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad.
- Sheet Pan
- Unbleached Parchment Paper
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Lemon (½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges)
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅛ Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb Salmon Fillet
- 8 oz Kale (Destemmed and finely chopped)
- 2 Bell Peppers (Cut into ½-inch dice)
- 2 Avocados (Cut into ½-inch dice)
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ½ Shallot (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅛ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and cover a sheet pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon honey, 2 garlic cloves, and the lemon juice. Brush the salmon with the honey dressing and season with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper. Bake the salmon, skin-side down, for about 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
While the Salmon is Baking
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 garlic clove, the ½ shallot, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 2 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, ⅛ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Gradually whisk in the ¼ cup olive oil until the dressing emulsifies. This is the Champagne Vinaigrette.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped kale, Champagne Vinaigrette, bell peppers, avocados, and hemp seeds. Mix well.
After the Salmon is Done Baking
- Add the kale salad and salmon to 4 plates. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Per Serving: Calories: 455; Fat: 31g; Protein: 27g; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 9g; Sodium: 419mg; Iron: 3mg