This gluten free apple dessert is one of my all time favorite holiday party recipes. This apple crisp is also vegan and nut-free so it works well for any guest you are hosting.
Recipe by Triad to Wellness Consulting – Photo Courtesy of Kristen Massad
Vegan Apple Crisp
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, solid
- 3/4 cup Superseedz pumpkin seeds, maple & sugar or cinnamon & sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Lay sliced apples in a 9×13 baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl mix maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground ginger and cinnamon together and then sprinkle over the apples.
- In a medium bowl combine the all-purpose gluten free flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and sea salt. Then add the coconut oil and cut into it using a fork or pastry cutter until large crumbs are formed then fold in Superseedz, rolled oats and cranberries.
- Pour topping over apples, cover all of the apples.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until bubbly and the topping is golden.
- Serve with non-dairy whipped cream or coconut ice cream