Chicken Vegetable Udon Noodle Stir-Fry
Recipe by Kathy Siegel, MS, RDN, CDN from
The 30-Minute Clean Eating Cookbook published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2020. Photo courtesy of Kate Sears.
- Medium Saucepan
- Dutch Oven or Deep Skillet
- 1 (8-oz) Box Whole-Grain Udon Noodles
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Small Bunch Green Onions (Sliced and separated into white and green parts)
- 1 Baby Bok Choy (Chopped)
- 1 Carrot (Julienned)
- 6 oz Shiitake Mushrooms (Cut into ¼-inch slices)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts (Cut into ½-inch slices)
- ¼ cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- ¾ cup Shelled Edamame
- ½ cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Small Bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan, add the udon noodles and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook for 11 minutes. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or deep skillet. Add the garlic and the white parts of the green onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the baby bok choy, carrot, and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set the vegetables aside. Add the sesame oil to the Dutch oven, heat it, and add the sliced chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cooked udon noodles and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the cooked udon noodles, chicken broth, tamari, rice vinegar, and peanuts. Mix well and sauté for an additional 5 minutes. Top with edamame, bean sprouts, sesame seeds, and cilantro, if desired. Serve.
Per Serving: Calories: 388; Fat: 15g; Protein: 32g; Total Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 6g; Sodium: 879mg; Iron: 4mg