Perfect Pops for the Heat
Meet my latest obsession–the make-your-own popsicle! I love these healthy treats because they are made with natural ingredients and refreshing flavors. The Pineapple Coconut Ice Pops are perfect for dessert, an afternoon snack, or outdoor party favor. Each guilt-free bite is filled with tangy pineapple, sweet agave, and tantalizing coconut milk that masterfully combine to provide the most coveted vegan treat. Easy to make and filled with nutrients, the only hard part is waiting for them to freeze!
Nutrient Booster: Pineapple
Pineapples are a tropical fruit that is rich in vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants. Since they contain high amounts of vitamin C and manganese, they are excellent at healing and revitalizing our immune system. Pineapples are also a source of vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and folate, all of which help maintain a healthy body. Researchers have found that multiple cells in the immune system collect vitamin C and use it to perform their task of keeping the body functioning at optimal levels. These researchers also found that supplementation of vitamin C can reduce the length of the common cold.
Pineapple Coconut Ice Pops
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1 (14 oz) can light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut,
- High Speed Blender
- Ice Pop Molds (6)
- In a blender add pineapple chunks, unsweetened coconut milk, and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Stir shredded coconut into the mixture and distribute evenly between the ice pop molds.
- Freeze pops until solid, approximately 3 hours. Serve frozen.