Italian Pasta Salad
Recipe by Triad to Wellness Consulting – Photo Courtesy of Kristen Massad
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole grain penne
- 2 cups green beans, snipped and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Prepare pasta al dente as directed, adding green beans to the boiling water for the last 2 minutes then rinse under cold water and drain. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to the pasta mixture and stir well. Set aside.
In a salad bowl, combine the pasta and green bean mixture with cherry tomatoes, cannellini beans and red onion.
In another small mixing bowl, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, oregano and sea salt, and whisk until emulsified. Pour dressing over pasta; toss and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until chilled or overnight.
Sprinkle with Parmesan or mozzarella cheese if desired.
Serving size: 2 cups, Calories: 330 calories, Fat: 10 grams, Saturated fat: 1 grams, Carbohydrates: 55 grams, Sugar: 3 grams, Sodium: 135 milligrams, Fiber: 10 grams, Protein: 13 grams, Cholesterol: 0 milligrams