Cauliflower and Lentil Tacos
Recipe by Kathy Siegel, MS, RDN, CDN from
The 30-Minute Clean Eating Cookbook published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2020. Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad.
- Aluminum Foil
- Medium Sauté Pan
- Everyday Brassier
- Taco Holder
- 8 Small Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion (Cut into ¼-inch dice)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- ¼ cup Water
- 9 oz Precooked Lentils
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 Avocados (Cut into ¼-inch dice)
- 1 bunch Cilantro (chopped)
- Chipotle Sauce (To Taste)
- 1 Lime (Cut in wedges)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Stack the corn tortillas, cover them in aluminum foil, and heat them on the middle rack for 10 minutes.
- While the tortillas are warming, heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan, then add the onion and garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the tomato paste and stir for 1 minute. Then, add the cauliflower rice and water to the sauté pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the precooked lentils, cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Combine well and cook for about 3 minutes to warm the lentils.
- Add ⅛ of the lentil mixture to each corn tortilla, then top with the avocado. Serve with cilantro, chipotle sauce, and lime wedges, if desired.
Per Serving: Calories: 336; Fat: 15g; Protein: 11g; Total Carbs: 44g; Fiber: 14g; Sodium: 186mg; Iron: 5mg