Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Flavorful Nutrition
If you are not already a Brussel sprouts fan, our delicious recipe will convert you into a new sprout-lover! Roasted Brussel sprouts are so easy to prepare and make the perfect side dish for almost any meal. Roasting is one of the best ways to bring out the nutty and savory flavors of these compact, leafy buds. When they are cooked perfectly, sprouts are sweet, soft on the inside, and crisp on the outside. Our recipe ensures that these Brussels sprouts are tasty because we’ve made sure they’re nice and browned and extra crispy. We top these sprouts with flavor infused Pizootz almonds for an additional boost of spicy nutrition. Our sprouts are so good, they may even outshine the main course.
Nutrient Booster: Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable, meaning they are related to broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, bok choy, and garden cress. While Brussels sprouts boast a high level of many nutrients, they are prized for their high antioxidant content. Antioxidants help reduce oxidative stress in the body and protect against various chronic diseases. A recent study found that participants who ate 2 cups of Brussels sprouts daily had a 28% reduction in oxidative stress levels! Consuming Brussels sprouts as part of a well-balanced diet can help supply the antioxidants your body needs to maintain good health. Serve them as a side, toss them in a stir-fry or shed them in a salad, our easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe helps make even the most boring dishes spectacular.
Our delicious roasted Brussels sprouts are a perfect accompaniment to almost any dish. Try them tonight with our Sloppy Joe’s, Simple Black Bean Burgers, or Grilled Chicken Satay recipes. So easy to prepare and irresistibly good, we recommend you make a double batch–it’s almost impossible to resist the urge to pop these little sprouts in your mouth straight from the oven.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound brussel sprouts, washed and thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup Pizootz Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place oil on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the Brussels sprouts, lemon juice, garlic, and salt on the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir Brussels sprouts and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until they are a golden brown, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with chopped Pizootz Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Almonds, and serve warm.
Serving size: 1/4 portion, Calories: 120 calories, Fat: 6 grams, Saturated fat: 3 grams, Carbohydrates: 15 grams, Sugar: 3.5 grams, Sodium: 275 milligrams, Fiber: 5 grams, Protein: 5.5 grams, Cholesterol: 0 milligrams
Disclaimer: Triad to Wellness provides nutrition communication services to Pizootz. All opinions are our own.