Matcha Almond Bar
Recipe by Kathy Siegel, MS, RDN, CDN from
The 30-Minute Clean Eating Cookbook published by Rockridge Press. Copyright © 2020. Photo courtesy of Kristen Massad.
- Food Processor or High-Speed Blender
- 9-by-5 Loaf Pan
- Small Bowl
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Shredded Coconut
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend the cashews, almond flour, avocado oil, honey, and salt together until a dough forms.
- Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper. Press the dough into the loaf pan with your hands, spreading it to the edges and corners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the matcha and water until smooth, then add the maple syrup, vanilla, and almond butter and mix until smooth. Spread the matcha mixture over the dough with a spatula. Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the top and gently press it into matcha topping.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer for 20 minutes. Once the loaf is set, slice into six bars and serve.
Per Serving: Calories: 263; Fat: 19g; Protein: 8g; Total Carb: 18g; Fiber: 3g; Sodium: 103mg; Iron: 2mg
I love snacking, do you? Check out my list of healthy snack recipes!